Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Making room

I put my old desk up on craigslist, it was just hanging out on the porch. If it sells that will get me to -1, meaning I'll have a little room to go out and buy something. I should do some cleaning, and bring some stuff to GoodWill too.

Also, I was thinking about how to count everything, and here are some rules I think I can stick to:

1. Only things that are worth enough to try and sell get counted. So, pensils and blank CDs are out.

2. Food is out, it's just going to get eaten anyways (plus, you couldn't sell it).

3. Soap, toothpaste and all that junk is out.

4. Anything else that I'm planning on using up is out: glue, tape, wrapping paper (if I bought wrapping paper).

5. I'm making an exception from #1 for socks (or any other clothes), I don't think I could sell a pair of socks, but they're what got the whole thing started, so they stay.

6. I have to name everything as I count it, no more "42 books", I'll make a list of all the books, that way I'll know if I've double counted something.

So, here's the start of the list (I'll put this in excel at somepoint) with everything that I have at work:


Backpack
Cell phone
Blackberry
Sunglasses
Hankerchief
Wallet
Bowl (for lunches)
Keyboard
Mouse (I bought my own, the ones here are terrible)
Adding machine (fancy calculator, again, got my own)
Umbrella
Tie
Pair of socks (in case of emergency?)
Sport coat
Fake leather portfolio
Plant, with pot
Picture of Vanessa
Picture of a bear (a Demotivational picture)
My walking shoes
Coffee Mug

That's everything, not including the clothes I'm wearing. So, starting over at 0, using the new rules, the total is: 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment