Saturday, August 29, 2009

First post, the idea

While I was putting away my laundry this morning, I decided that I probably have more socks then I need, or will ever need. And then I realized that that's probably true for everything I own - I have more then enough stuff.

So, here's the idea, I can't get anything new without getting rid of (selling, donating, trashing) something old. I'll keep track of the stuff I have and get rid of here, to help keep me honest.

I'm also thinking I might start a list of everything I currently own, so I'll have an easy to consult list of things to get rid of, and also to get a better idea of how many things I actually have (I'm sure it's a lot, I mean socks alone...).

I've started thinking about all the rules I'm going to try and stick to, things like does food count (probably not), how many things is a pack of playing cards (just one), what about stuff that Vanessa and I bought together (probably just count them as 1 thing for me). I'm sure there're lots of other rules I'll have to figure out.

So, that's it for now, how ever many things I have right now, that's it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment